Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An introduction...


I’ve been asked to write a blog for some time. The verdict is still out. I almost started in Miami’s airport. Went so far as to even try to register a name at blogspot quietly. Someone already had it. It was at that point that I became demoralized on the subject.

1) Because I couldn’t think of anything else I’d want to call it.
2) Because it reinforced my original trepidation about getting involved in this over-populated world of ego-stroking and need for recognition of breathing that is attached to it.

But I am obviously thinking about it again because here I am writing this. My decision is to try posting some things here and possibly add 4 or 5 more people to this who I would be open to or have shared things with. If I stick to it long enough and think that it goes beyond the peacock mentality of defending my sense of existence by hiding behind outrageous flashes of colour and random beauty and crosses into the realm of actually contributing something to the world or at least to my world and the worlds of those I dig then yeah…I’ll open it up.

I doubt this is going anywhere though as I’ve been known to have a problem with commitment and self-aggrandizement...or again, maybe that falls under commitment...

Anyways, for now this will be about culture but not necessarily anything hipster or “high culture” (but not necessarily not). Also, it will be about traveling without being about tourism. Finally, it will always be political even though it will only sometimes directly cover politics.

It’s for people that have an interest in social issues, politics and style (though not necessarily fashion).

People with class that know how to handle themselves in 5 star hotels and drug infested slums.

It is for people with imagination. And for the people that act on their imagination to bring their thoughts into the playground of life. That’s why you're all here.

I’m not going to write a huge introduction. Just check in and if you dig it check back. If not, no love lost.

With respect,

Him Too.

1 comment:

Chilly Willy said...

finally!!!

awesome...dont worry, your secrets safe with me. lol